Appalachian School of Law (VA)
PO Box 2825 Grundy, VA 24614-2825
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Externships (required) for all rising 2L students; Community Service required (all students) Certificate--Lawyer as a Problem Solver (optional)
- Tuition Full-time: $25,000 per year
William and Mary (Marshall-Wythe) (VA)
PO Box 8795 Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Our law students select from numerous externship and clinical opportunities with placements in Norfolk, Richmond, Williamsburg. Students actively participate in our programs including: Institute of Bill of Rights Law; Center for Legal & Court Technology; Human Rights & National Security Law; Summer Abroad in Madrid, Spain. We offer the joint degrees: JD/MBA, JD/MPP, JD/MA in American Culture.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $20,146 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $30,346 per year
3301 Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA 22201-4426
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Mason integrates economic and quantitative methods and requires extensive research and writing. Field programs include the Clinic for Legal Assistance to Service members and regulatory, patent, immigration, mental health and Virginia practice programs. Mason academic centers and initiatives include the Intellectual Property Program, Law & Economics Center & Center for Infrastructure Protection.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $18,732 per year, part-time: $669 per credit; Out-of-state, full-time: $31,948 per year, part-time: $1,141 per credit
Liberty University (VA)
1971 University Boulevard Lynchburg, VA 24502
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Liberty's unique six-semester Lawyering Skills program is the most comprehensive in the nation, combining hands-on practice skills with core law courses. Each semester is carefully designed to develop a client relationship from initial interview through trial, and to handle client needs, using real-people simulations and progressive writing assignments.
- Tuition N/A
1000 Regent University Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23464-9880
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Special programs include a summer program in Strasbourg, France focusing on international law and human rights; student-client contact through litigation and family mediation clinics; public interest opportunities involving the defense of religious liberties; the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) D.C. Spring Semester Program; and exchange programs with law schools in Korea and Spain.
- Tuition Full-time: $915 per credit, part-time: $915 per credit
Richmond (Williams) (VA)
28 Westhampton Way Richmond, VA 23173
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Family Law Clinic, Juvenile Delinquency Clinic, Disabilities Law Clinic, Juvenile Law & Policy Clinic, Wrongful Conviction Clinic, Clinical Placement Program, Merhige Environmental Law Center, Intellectual Property Center, National Family Law Center, Cambridge Summer Study Abroad, John Marshall Scholars Program
- Tuition Full-time: $31,510 per year, part-time: $1,570 per credit
580 Massie Road Charlottesville, VA 22903-1738
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Virginia offers special curricular programs in law and business, international law, legal history, criminal justice, human rights, race and law, environmental law, intellectual property, health law, and law and humanities. Virginia faculty members run institutes and centers in the areas of law and psychiatry, law and economics, oceans law, national security law, and family law.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $36,800 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $41,800 per year
and Lee University (VA)
Sydney Lewis Hall Lexington, VA 24450-0303
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Community Legal Practice Center, Black Lung Benefits Program, VA Capital Case Clearinghouse, externships with public interest employers and judges, Shepherd Poverty Program. Exchange programs with law schools in Germany, Ireland, Denmark, and Canada. Transnational Law Institute.
- Tuition Full-time: $36,297 per year
Related U.S. Schools