PO Box 158 Buies Creek, NC 27506
- Special programs offered to J.D. students The Juvenile Justice Project exposes our students to both the theoretical and the practical aspects of the mediation process in the context of restorative justice.
- Tuition Full-time: $28,960 per year
Duke University (NC)
Towerview and Science Drive, Box 90362 Durham, NC 27708-0362
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Duke leads in interdisciplinary study with almost 25% of students in joint-degrees; interdisciplinary centers offer conferences, research and teaching; leading in clinical education, Duke operates eight clinics; Duke in DC and capstone projects integrate academics and hands-on practice; international opportunities include externships, foreign exchanges, and summer institutes in Geneva & Hong Kong.
- Tuition Full-time: $42,938 per year
Elon University (NC)
201 N. Greene Street Greensboro, NC 27401
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Elon's leadership emphasis incorporates the best of leadership education through courses, community activities and capstone experiences. Students participate in a Legal Aid Housing and Domestic Relations Clinic and a Juvenile Justice Mediation and Intervention Clinic. The Center for Engaged Learning in the Law provides dialogue between Elon and other law schools about improving legal education.
- Tuition Full-time: $29,000 per year
Carolina Central University (NC)
640 Nelson Street Durham, NC 27707
- Special programs offered to J.D. students NCCU School of Law offers top notch clinics and externships, joint master's degree programs with the Business and Library schools, and certificates to J.D. graduates who complete related coursework in the school's Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Law and Dispute Resolution Institutes.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $6,856 per year, part-time: $6,856 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $18,956 per year, part-time: $18,956 per year
University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill
Van Hecke-Wettach Hall, CB No. 3380 Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3380
- Special programs offered to J.D. students UNC offers externship placement to over 120 students. It sponsors 4 clinical programs: Civil Litigation; Community Development Law; Immigration/Human Rights Policy; Juvenile Justice; and 4 comprehensive centers on: Banking & Finance; Civil Rights; Law & Government; Poverty, Work & Opportunity. UNC sponsors summer program in Sydney, Australia and has exchange programs with 4 European law schools.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $15,045 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $27,867 per year
Reynolda Station, PO Box 7206 Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Clinics include: Litigation Clinic, Elder Law Clinic, Appellate Advocacy Clinic and the Community Law and Business Clinic (CLBC). CLBC is our newest clinic, allowing students to assist low-income entrepreneurs in a transactional/business setting. Wake also supports an Innocence Project and a Domestic Violence Advocacy Center. Summer abroad programs are held in England, Italy and Austria.
- Tuition Full-time: $33,950 per year
Related U.S. Schools