Albany Law School-Union University (NY)
80 New Scotland Avenue Albany, NY 12208-3494
- Special programs offered to J.D. students The Law Clinic & Justice Center and the Government Law Center offer students the chance to participate in representing clients in five in-house clinics and more than 140 placements. Students can spend a full semester working in a government agency in Albany, NY or in Washington, D.C. through the Semester in Government Program, a joint project of the Justice Center and the Government Law Center.
- Tuition Full-time: $39,050 per year, part-time: $29,325 per year
Brooklyn Law School (NY)
250 Joralemon Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Nationally renowned clinics: criminal justice, individual client and group/business representation, dispute resolution. Fellowships: international business, public interest, human rights, bankruptcy law. Centers: international business law; health, science and public policy; law, language and cognition. One of best Legal Writing Programs in nation. Study abroad: China, Italy, Germany and England.
- Tuition Full-time: $42,375 per year, part-time: $31,869 per year
CUNY--Queens College (NY)
65-21 Main Street Flushing, NY 11367
- Special programs offered to J.D. students CUNY Law's nationally-ranked clinical program offers 12-16 credits of supervised live-client representation to every third-year law student. In-house clinics and external placements include Battered Women's Rights, Criminal Defense, Immigrant and Refugees' Rights, International Women's Human Rights, Elder Law, Mediation, Equality, and Health Law.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $10,610 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $16,510 per year
435 W. 116th Street New York, NY 10027
- Special programs offered to J.D. students For more information regarding our specialty programs, please visit http://www.law.columbia.edu... Clinics: .../focusareas/clinics Centers: .../center_program Externships: .../center_program/social_justice/externships Joint Degree: .../jd_applicants/curriculum/jointdegree Dual degree: .../center_program/intl_progs/Double_degrees Semester Abroad: .../center_program/intl_progs/Semesterstudy
- Tuition Full-time: $45,674 per year
Myron Taylor Hall Ithaca, NY 14853-4901
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Students benefit not only from the small class size and well-known collegial learning environment, but also from summer programs in Paris and China, a very large array of externships, study-abroad programs, clinics, centers, and institutes. Because US News has limited us to 400 characters, please visit www.lawschool.cornell.edu to learn more about how we educate "lawyers in the best sense".
- Tuition Full-time: $46,670 per year
140 W. 62nd Street New York, NY 10023-7485
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Center: M. Trial Ad; L.& Info Pol.-CLIP; Compet. L; Conf. Resol & ADR; Corp. L.; E.U. L.; Soc Just & Disp. Res; L., Cult. & Soc.; Relig. L. & L. Wk; Fam & Child Adv; L. & Just; L. & Ethic. Clinics: Comm. Devel.; Crim. Def.; Fed. Litig.; Housng; Immigr; Intl Just; Intl Sust Devlp; Mediation; Sec. Arbitr; Soc. Just.; Tax & Consmr Litg.; Urban Policy; Intl Human Rts. Summer study: Ireland, S. Korea.
- Tuition Full-time: $42,076 per year, part-time: $31,625 per year
121 Hofstra University Hempstead, NY 11549
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Fellowships in Child and Family Advocacy, LGBT Rights and Health Law; 8 clinics (Criminal Justice, Child Advocacy, Community & Econ. Development, Political Asylum, Securities Arbitration, Law Reform Advocacy and Mediation); summer programs in Germany, Italy and Australia; winter program in Curacao, Dutch Antilles; Summer Skills Institute; advanced degree programs in international and family law.
- Tuition Full-time: $39,640 per year, part-time: $29,655 per year
New York Law School
57 Worth Street New York, NY 10013-2960
- Special programs offered to J.D. students A liaison program linking students to administrators; a faculty advising system; an alumni mentor program; John Marshall Harlan Scholars; Lawyering Skills Center; 8 Academic Centers: Business Law & Policy; Financial Services Law; Information Law & Policy; International Law; Justice Action Center; New York City Law; Professional Values & Practice; Real Estate.
- Tuition Full-time: $43,600 per year, part-time: $33,540 per year
New York University
40 Washington Square S New York, NY 10012
- Special programs offered to J.D. students NYU School of Law's curriculum is distinguished by its strength in traditional areas of legal study, interdisciplinary study, and clinical education, and has long been committed to educating lawyers who will use their degrees to serve the public. Students enjoy the intellectual and pedagogical diversity of NYU by mixing traditional courses with colloquia, research, clinics, and more.
- Tuition Full-time: $42,890 per year
Pace University (NY)
78 N. Broadway White Plains, NY 10603
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Pace offers a wide variety of special programs through The Pace Women's Justice Center, The Land Use Law Center, the Federal Judicial Extern Honors Program and its many direct representation clinics and externships. There are also opportunities for a semester in London, as well as summer work for foreign law firms and at war crimes tribunals.
- Tuition Full-time: $38,642 per year, part-time: $29,014 per year
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway Jamaica, NY 11439
- Special programs offered to J.D. students A Summer Program in Rome began in 2007. The Law School sponsors eight clinics in the areas of Elder Law; Securities Arbitration; Child Advocacy; Community Economic Development; Domestic Violence Litigation; Refugee and Immigrant Rights; Immigrant Tenant Advocacy; and Prosecution. Externship offerings include placements in governmental agencies, public defenders offices, and judicial chambers.
- Tuition Full-time: $40,600 per year, part-time: $30,450 per year
Suite 440 Syracuse, NY 13244-1030
- Special programs offered to J.D. students As part of a leading research university, the law curriculum combines a commitment to scholarship, teaching, and research. We offer innovative interdisciplinary programs, with 7 Centers and 2 Institutes; a clinical program with 7 in-house clinics and externship program; a highly competitive advocacy skills training program with award-winning student teams; and 10 joint-degree programs.
- Tuition Full-time: $43,722 per year, part-time: $1,888 per credit
Touro College (Fuchsberg)
225 Eastview Drive Central Islip, NY 11722
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Touro Law students benefit from our location across from federal and state courthouses, participating in our unique Court Observation Program. We also offer five in-house clinics as well as numerous field placement clinics and externship opportunities. Touro Law offers five summer study abroad programs and several institutes and centers. Students are required to complete a pro-bono requirement.
- Tuition Full-time: $36,610 per year, part-time: $27,540 per year
John Lord O'Brian Hall Buffalo, NY 14260
- Special programs offered to J.D. students 10 concentrations (including civil litigation, finance transactions, and intellectual property); 7 nationally renowned clinics (including affordable housing, community economic development, family violence); numerous joint degrees (JD/MBA, JD/PharmD, JD/MPH,...); a New York City-based semester studying international finance (includes projects with international banking, investment and law firms).
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $14,685 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $21,485 per year
Yeshiva University (Cardozo)
55 Fifth Avenue, 10th Floor New York, NY 10003
Special programs offered to J.D. students Cardozo is especially known for intellectual property and dispute resolution programs, and for the Innocence Project, founded by Prof. Barry Scheck. All Cardozo's clinics are client-based. Other programs range from human rights studies to constitutional democracy and corporate governance. New short-term international seminars are in countries around the globe.
Tuition Full-time: $42,570 per year, part-time: $42,570 per year
Related U.S. Schools